Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Time For Iced Tea


Today it is very humid in Philadelphia and I am excited that iced tea weather is finally here! A simple way to make the perfect iced tea from loose tea leaves (for approximately 1 1/4 quart of iced tea):

1. Place tea leaves in a brewing bag such as Finium slim unbleached bags. (1tsp tea per cup- if using Finium slim bags put 2 tsp of tea in each bag)
2. Bring 1 quart of cold water to a rolling boil.
3. Remove from heat and add 8-10 teabags for 1 quart of water.
4. Steep the tea for 5 minutes and pour over 3 cups of ice cubes.
5. To serve pour into tall glasses filled with ice and sweeten as desired.

Today I made iced tea from Rooibos Bourbon and it is delicious- the vanilla bean flavor is very prominent and creamy. I believe that a shot of rum would turn this into an elegant cocktail.

PS- I love the Finium unbleached bags; I use them in my tea bar for all of the tea "by the cup" that I sell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love rooibos- making iced tea is a great idea. I will try it today and let you know how I like it.