Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rooibos Helps Sinus Headache


Last week I taught a class about Tea & Health and there were many questions about Rooibos. Rooibos is not tea since it does not come from the Camellia sinensis plant. It is mineral rich and studies raise the possibility that the herb could be useful in aiding deficient immune responses in allergies and infections. There is a following of people who believe that Rooibos helps with migrane headaches. Yesterday I woke up with a throbbing headache, the kind that stabs you behind the eyes. I figured it was a sinus problem since it was confined to the right side of my head. I took ibuprofen (a lot of them!) but it did not work. Since I was surrounded by tea, as I am every day in my shop, I decided to give Rooibos a try for my headache. I drank two 16ounce cups of hot Rooibos in the afternoon and 2 more cups after dinner. This morning the headache was gone. Now, this could have been a fluke but next time you have a sinus issue or headache give it a try.

No comments: