The most common question customers(and non-customers)ask me in the warm months is how to make iced tea with loose leaf tea. Here you go!
A simple way to make the perfect iced tea from loose tea leaves (for approximately 1 & 1/2 quart of iced tea or 4-5 servings):
You will need 16 teaspoons of tea leaves & 8 Finum brewing bags
1. Place 2 teaspoons of tea leaves into a brewing bag such as Finum slim or medium unbleached tea bags- you will need 8 brewing bags.
2. Bring 1 quart of cold water to a rolling boil.
3. Remove from heat and add 8 brewing bags to the hot water.
4. Steep the tea for 5 minutes and remove the brewing bags. Pour the hot tea over 4 cups of ice cubes (in a heat-proof pitcher).
5. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and sweeten as desired.
For "Sweet Tea" add simple syrup after step #4.