Monday, June 1, 2009

Tea and Sunburn


The sun and I just don't get along! My skin is so fair that it turns fiery red after just a few minutes outdoors. I am one of those odd people who really prefers the snow and cool weather. Yesterday I was a chaperone for my son's school trip to an amusement park- and since it wasn't that sunny out I thought I would be fine sitting under an umbrella in the water park area. Wrong- I am fried to a crisp! Good thing that the tannins in black tea are known to draw the burn out of skin. I am planning to submerge myself into a tub of black tea.

To try this:
You can steep really strong black tea (cheap teabags are perfect) and let it cool. Soak a clean washcloth or towel in the cool tea and then gently pat the towel on to your sunburned skin. For an all-over sunburn treatment pour 1 gallon of strong, cooled black tea into a tub filled with cool water. Submerge yourself in the tea bath for at least 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Lannie said...

Please let us know if this works!!