Friday, July 17, 2009

Lose 5 lbs this weekend!

This tried and tested detox smoothie will help reduce bloating and shed water weight.
Yes,I did test this myself last weekend and it worked. I am going to do it again this weekend in preparation for putting on a bathing suit (I need all the help I can get!).

Drink 1 smoothie for lunch at least 3 days in a row for the best results.

To make 1 smoothie-

8 ounces cool Holy Detox Tea (steeped)
4 ounces honeydew pieces (cold)
4 ounces watermelon pieces (cold)
3 slices of peeled cucumber (cold)
1/4 inch piece of fresh ginger (peeled)
3 packets Stevia or Splenda (less or more based upon taste)

Put it all in the blender and mix for about 1 minute or until smooth.

To make your own Holy Detox Tea (for 1 ounce loose tea = 8cups)
1/4 ounce dried peppermint and spearmint mixed
3/4 ounce dried Tulsi Basil (must be Tulsi!)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in an airtight jar and shake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good! I need to try this because I need ALL of the help that I can get!

TeaBar said...

It really works- unfortunately I fell off the wagon this weekend and had a big cupcake this morning. Oh well, there is always tomorrow!!